Thursday, April 30, 2009

POETRY READING IN KENSINGTON, MD

Last night, I read poetry from my book, "A Little Breast Music," at the Kensington Row Bookshop Reading Series. The bookshop is a jewel - a venue with charm and atmosphere.

I read with Michael Glaser, the current poet laureate of Maryland, who has such a warm personality. The audience was very responsive. It feels good to read in a place where people listen carefully to every word you say. Check it out: http://members.verizon.net/~vze4nbyt

The MC, Judy Neri, commented on specific lines and phrases from my poetry after I read. That was affirming, and something I'd not experienced before after a reading.

This month was smoother for me than last month, when my car was towed from the Chinese restaurant where we all met before the reading. As I told the group last night, I had a ten dollar dinner, and left a one hundred eighteen dollar tip! Made for a great story! Shirley/The Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment