Saturday, May 9, 2009

SHIRLEY'S CREATIVE PURSUITS

Since my graduation from the University of Baltimore with my Master's degree in Creative Writing/Publications Design in 2005, I've been searching for my creative niche in the universe.

I started my own small business, called POETIC LICENSE. Check out my Web site at www.apoeticlicense.com. I write amazing personalized poems, really mini-biographies on one page. These poems are crafted with great care. I interview the family/friends of the recipient to get the information I need about a person's life, and fashion 14-18 verses which capture the essence of that person. I've written poems for weddings, anniversaries, even funerals. I once wrote a poem for a dog named Thunder who was graduating from obedience school.

I print each Poetic License on beautiful ivory parchment paper. Usually, I add a border. Poetic License poems make excellent and unique gifts.

Poems for businesses are included in my repertoire. What better way than verse to focus on the mission statement for your small business. Stand out from the competition!!

Prior to my graduation from the University of Baltimore, I received the first-ever UB Creative Writing Award for Excellence in Plorking. Plork = play + work, and is the keystone of the creative writing program at UB.

I have created PLORKSHOPS, to help others access their creativity.

A Plorkshop is an interactive experience, and fun, but it is much more than entertainment. It is an ode to joy, a vehicle for transformation, and an enriching experience that reduces stress and provides new ways of being present and positve in the world. Plorking increases the flow of creativity. The Plorkshop is a way to see things differently. Participants each receive a copy of the Plork Humanifesto to help reinforce new ways of seeing. Plork exercises accessorize this experience.

I will be giving a mini-Plorkshop at Tara's Gifts at 10 Annapolis Street in West Annapolis on June 10, 2009.

I am collaborating with my friend, Karen Guay, on a venture called PORTRAITS IN WORDS. Picture a dual frame with a fine art photograph on the left, accompanied by a personalized poem on the right - beautifully matted and framed together. What a perfect gift that captures the essence of a person (or a pet) at a moment in time.

These adventures should be enough to keep me busy!! For more information on the above, see my Web site for POETIC LICENSE - www.apoeticlicense.com

For PLORKSHOPS or PORTRAITS IN WORDS, contact me at shirley@apoeticlicense.com, or call me at 410.279.5487.

All for now, Me, Shirley, the Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment